Berries are among the most recommended foods by nutritionists and doctors everywhere but do you know why? First of all, they are delicious. But, most importantly, they are great in helping you lose weight, feel more energetic, and enjoy life to the fullest. They are nature’s health pill if you want.
According to specialists, berries are so amazing because they have high levels of antioxidants and polyphenols which fight against cancer and cellular decay. Even more, it was recently discovered that berries have an important role in maintaining a healthy heart. But let’s see exactly why berries are so amazing for our health:
- They keep you mentally active and sharp – it was proven that women who ate a size of berries per week had a more active mind in their old age. Even more, they managed to postpone cognitive decline in individuals with high risk.
- Certain berries (blueberries and strawberries for instance) are great for your memory and heart. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, fibers, and Vitamin C and help widen the arteries allowing blood to flow free.
- Recent studies show that berries may also prevent Parkinson on both men and women. They are rich in flavonoids and this helps in postponing if not preventing any effects of the disease.
- They are great in diets and weight control because of their high fiber and water content. Berries can be easily combined with yogurts or cereals, increasing the Vitamin intake and boosting your energy.
- Cranberries are amazing for your health (especially for women) as they help in preventing urinary tract infections and help increase HDL which is also known as good cholesterol.
As you can see, there is a wide range of health benefits from eating berries. Starting with a healthier heart, better blood flow, an improved memory and completing the cycle with better weight control, berries are nature’s gift to us.